North East Chess League
Teams are invited for the inaugural North East Chess League (2019-20)
Round 1: Sunday, October 13, 2019
Round 2: Sunday, November 10, 2019
Round 3: Sunday, November 24, 2019
Round 4: Sunday, January 19, 2020
Round 5: Sunday, February 16, 2020
Possible League Teams (2 per county)*
Teams do not have to be based on an existing league team or club (they can unite players from various clubs)
1. TBA (Cleveland)
2. TBA (Cleveland)
3. South Shields/Leam Lane (Co. Durham)
4. Durham City/Durham University (Co. Durham)
5. Forest Hall (Northumberland)
6. Newcastle/Gosforth/Morpeth/Jesmond/Tynemouth (Northumberland)
Proposed Venues (to be confirmed):
1. Forest Hall Ex-Servicemen’s Institute, Crescent Way North, Newcastle upon Tyne NE12 9AR
2. Darlington Cockerton Band & Musical Institute Club, Woodlands Road, Cockerton, Darlington DL3 9AB
3. Middlesbrough/Teesside (to be arranged)
4. Gosforth Empire Club & Institute, 32-34 Salters Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1DX
5. Durham (to be arranged)
6. South Shields/Leam Lane (to be arranged)
If there are 6 venues offered (one for each team), the 5 home venues will be chosen by the public drawing of lots by July 1. It is assumed that teams will host the League free of charge, and make available tea, coffee and light refreshments.
6 teams of 5 players each. Five rounds, all-play-all.
Matches start 2:30pm. Time control: All moves in 90 minutes, plus 30 seconds per move
Games will be FIDE-rated
Teams will receive a total of 1 bonus game point per match if they include a) at least 1 junior player under 18 years old; and separately b) at least one male and one female player. (0.5 bonus points for each)
The winning team will be awarded a trophy and receive medals, and there will be medals for the best individual performances.
Individual Entry fee: Free for Gold/Platinum ECF members. Team entry fee: £20.
Potential teams should contact the organiser, Tim Wall, by June 25 if they would like to enter, and if they can host a round of the League.
Tel: (0750) 372 2366