TAKE NOTICE that, with the exception of Thornaby Chess Club:
(1) consent to publication of the contact details for the relevant officer for each other club within ‘CCA Clubs’ is outstanding. It is considered that GDPR requires an authority by email (to be sent to the Secretary in the absence of a Webmaster in post) directly from the member concerned setting out the contact particulars he/she consents to be published. An email from a third party is unacceptable. Note that the contact details so supplied are likely to be reproduced in the ECF’s Yearbook for next year;
(2) consent to publication of the contact details for the relevant club officer to be entered under ‘Team Captains’ is outstanding. It is considered that GDPR requires an authority by email (to be sent to the Match Organiser in the absence of a Webmaster in post) directly from the member concerned setting out his/her contact particulars. An email from a third party is unacceptable. This matter requires immediate attention given the proximity of the commencement of league fixtures. The Match Organiser will not act as an intermediary to arrange fixtures or the like if a Team Captain does not present his details for publication on the website.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE that the contact particulars provided as above will remain displayed on the website on a roll-over basis (i.e. year on year) and until notification is received either that a club officer’s details should be amended or that another member has taken over his/her office or that the latter office has become redundant. Accordingly, the extensive administrative exercise introduced by GDPR for members this season need not be repeated generally every year.
CCA membership subscriptions (@ £3 per annum per member) for the period 1/9/18 to 31/8/19 should be remitted by cheque payable to ‘Cleveland Chess Association’ c/o: The Treasurer, 11 Larch Court, Yarm, TS15 9FN.
Such payments must be accompanied by a list of the members intended to be registered in the form stipulated in the notice published by the Secretary on 14/8/18. It is considered that GDPR makes this formality necessary for compliance.
The Association holds funds in credit for the following clubs: Darlington = £31.00; Great Ayton = £50.00; Middlesbrough = £12.00; and Thornaby = £18.00.
Registration as a member of the Cleveland Chess Association is a pre-requisite of eligibility to play in its competitions together with direct membership of the English Chess Federation for grading purposes.
Entries are now invited for this season’s Cleveland Individual Tournament.
Subject to the number of entries received I propose to retain the seven round format for the competition.
Please note that it is FREE to enter and gives you the chance to play against a wide range of members whom you may not ordinarily meet during team competition.
Entries should reach me (via firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 24th September, stating name, e-mail address, home and mobile telephone numbers, and your ECF grading as per the July 2018 grading list (August revision). This grade will be used for the whole tournament.
TAKE NOTICE that the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (‘GDPR’) requires greater formality in connection with the collection of data, its use and publication. For background information, members are referred to the Secretary’s Report to the 2018 Annual General Meeting. Certain measures outlined in that document are to be effective from the beginning of the new subscription year, 1st September 2018, and in time for the playing season starting on 1st October 2018, as follows:
1) each officer elected at the AGM will need to inform the Webmaster by email of his/her contact details for publication on the Website and the ECF’s Yearbook;
2) each relevant officer of a club will need to inform the Webmaster by email of his/her contact details for publication on the Website and the ECF’s Yearbook; and
3) each Team Captain representing a club will need to inform the Webmaster by email of his/her contact details for publication on the Website.
The Webmaster elected at the AGM 2018 has since resigned his office. Accordingly, the particulars required should be sent by email to the Secretary: email@example.com.
The template referred to at 4) in the Secretary’s Report may be found using the link below. This document should be utilised by Club Secretaries or Treasurers to identify each of their respective members whom they wish to have registered as a member of the Association. Note the important statement by the submitting club official to the effect that the attention of each member he/she has listed has been drawn to the Constitution and the Privacy Notice now published on the Website. When completed and signed, it should accompany the appropriate subscription payment sent to the Treasurer.
The CCA Exec is pleased to announce that Peter Archer has kindly stepped forward to fill the role of grader for the 2018/19 season. Welcome on board Peter! Peter’s details will be added to the CCA officers section shortly.
The position of webmaster is still vacant however, so if anyone has the necessary IT skills and can set aside a small amount of time to keep the website up to date during the season, then please let myself or Philip Mitcheson know as soon as possible.
For personal reasons the CCA webmaster and grader has had to resign from both positions. The CCA executive would like to thank Paul for his excellent work over the last year and we certainly appreciate that taking on two positions must not have been easy.
Kindly, Paul has agreed to re-publish the July 2018 grading list once the issue over missing results has been resolved. The situation at the moment is that Paul is still awaiting advice from the National Grader.
If anyone feels that they can offer their services in either of these roles can they please forward their expressions of interest to either Brian Whitaker or Philip Mitcheson (contact details under the ‘CCA officers’ link to right of this page).
Please be advised that the July 2018 grades have been published. See the ECF Grading Database for more details.
There is a note of caution.
I’ve had queries off CCA players regarding missing results from January 2018 onwards. I don’t believe it’s a generic issue as I’ve searched for some CCA players who have a full suite of results and some who don’t. This MAY affect your grade. I’ve sent an urgent question to the ECF grading database administrator outlining the issues presented.
I will post updates regarding this issue as I soon as I have any. I suspect that there will be other associations facing similar issues.
Update – 20:40 (26/07/2018)
It transpires that the issue in question particularly relates to B division games not being used for grading from January 2018 onwards. This has been relayed to the ECF grading database administrator. I’m hopeful that a regrading can take place. Thanks for your anticipated patience.